Lately, I have been rolling at Nathan's logic and thought I'd share a little. Yesterday, Nate and I were sharing a snack of baby carrots and hummus. Not really paying attention, I soon noticed a pile of carrots next to Nate with only one bite out of each. Hmmm...this is strange. I speak up as Nate reaches for another new carrot.
"Nate, you have to eat the whole carrot, not just a bite." Nate continues to reach for another new carrot. I take the bag, to thwart him. "Nate, you need to eat the other carrots before you get a new one."
He ponders this and then tries to get a new carrot, yet again. I pull the bag and point to his pile of partly eaten carrots and say, "Nate, you have carrots! What are those carrots doing?"
He looks at the pile (as if just noticing them for the first time) and says in his little, monkey voice, "They are hanging out." Obviously. What was I thinking??? Here, have a new carrot! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment